Check It Out!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

El techo de la catedral: The Roof of the Cathedral

So--Today we had sketching class and afterwards we went to one of my favorite places so far. Eugenia brought us to la Catedral in Ciutat Vella, and we got tickets to the roof. It gave me a completely new understanding of the construction. It was breathtaking to see the city from the center and in the sunshine and...WOW. I can't say enough good things about it! This is a shot from the inside, obviously...sun shining--did I mention it's been sunny EVERY DAY since I've been here...not to mention it's atypically warm right now (in the mid 60s some days)!
This is Ben demonstrating how humans have increased in height since la Catedral was built!
This is for everyone who keeps emailing me to make sure I "GET IN A PICTURE" haha. Yes, Mom and Dad, I am actually here, in Barca--not China--on top of the Cathedral with Monica :)
Clearly we couldn't just walk on the roof itself, so this was my most artistic attempt at including the walkway into my pictures...most of the time I was just in awe...and when the bells started ringing at 12, and then the other bells throughout the city echoed the coming of noon...I can't even explain. It was perfect.
This just kind of sums up the beauty of the place...the simple facts:
the sun, the architecture, the city

No comments: