Check It Out!

Friday, February 23, 2007

Vamos a Alemania!: Let's go to Germany!

So we hopped on the metro early this morning and got to the bus station by arc de triomf just on time to catch one of the frequent buses to Girona Airport for our RyanAir flight to Dusseldorf/Weeze.
THIS was my view...when I was awake, at least...


Most of the time, I followed Tom's lead, though...a nap never hurt anyone!
OMG--That would be Germany!

Bob is geared up to use the tour book for our big trip through western Germany.
We got to the Weeze airport, and were completely baffled. It is the smallest, most deserted airport I have ever seen. After the baggage claim, I only saw 3 people who weren't working there. How weird! It was cool though, because it meant we didn't have to stand on a long line to get our rental car. That's correct...I said rental car and I am referring to a little French car named Clio, which became our new best friend and partner in crime today!


Bob and Tom are loading up the car.

I spent about 20 minutes making sure I knew how the car worked, from windshield wipers to lights to radio. Once we had it figured out, we took on the roads of the country of Germany...yes, that includes the Autobahn. I don't want to burst anyone's dream-bubbles, but it wasn't all that I expected and more...the Autobahn is simply a system of roads, not one straight, 20-years-into- the-future-superhighway, like I had previously thought. Tom played navigator and every 10 minutes I said "Guys...we're in GERMANY...and I'm DRIVING!" haha. Needless to say, today was the beginning of a great adventure!

No comments: