Check It Out!

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Date Prisa! Viene la noche!: Hurry up, night is coming!


GRANADA


We arrived in Granada and got held up by our inability to find the hotel neatly placed in front of us upon stepping off the bus! We had to hurry into the old part of the city to find a beautiful view at dusk. So we dropped our bags and took off.
The walk was an intense uphill climb, but the grafitti kept us content, and so did this doorway, covered over by a cement wall, and uncovered again...WeIRd.

All of the streets and alleyways were like this one; old, narrow, made of stones that could either be a nice massage or a "pain in the foot."



Despite the long walk and the fear of missing sunset, we made it with plenty of time. For some reason I was not into the experience today. Most days I think I would be excited about the sunset or the city or the ancient parts of the city, or just the fact that IM IN SPAIN, but today I was out of it. Hopefully I can get back on track tomorrow. I think it may just be the constant changing from city to city. I can already feel the lackluster coming on and the possibility of each city blending together in my memory, even though they are all so different and incredible.

The view of the Alhambra was great, though.

After the Alhambra, some of team Aldana took a walk along the canal and grabbed pizza, then met the group, who got dinner. Tom and I ordered some tea and split a chocolate-banana crepe...mmm.

From there, it was a slow pace back to the hotel, where a bunch of us just hung out in Bob and Ben's room for the night, laughing hysterically and genuinely enjoying each other's company. Gotta love the Barca kids :)

PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!-Called at midnight to tell him he was already a year older-funny how that works when I am ahead of that half of the world!

No comments: