Check It Out!

Friday, March 9, 2007

La cena en Gracia: Dinner in Gracia

Today I hit up studio for most of the day. I'm really frustrated with my design. Nothing seems to be coming together and I don't really have a goal or vision for it. I guess this happens sometimes.

Tom, Bob, Ben, and I went running today. I am WAY out of shape...not good. Where is Andrew Kracht when I need him?! We ran down to the port, then over to MarMagnum through crowds of people walking to or from the mall/aquarium/movies/etc. From there we came back towards Columbus then cut up Las Ramblas and over onto Parallel. Tom and I got stuck on one side of the street by Columbus and a kid named Ishmael asked if we run every day. I was out of breath and tired so my spanish was pathetic, but I gave him my cell number to get in contact with us to come running. "Who says you can't meet people running?" Tom said.

We checked out the place Tom's parents will be staying off Las Ramblas, got home, showered and headed to Gracia for dinner organized by Cece.

Gran via was late with Christi, and Cece never showed because she was sick. It was cool, though, cuz Aldana just sat and ordered some water and looked over the menu. We ordered Calcots...the root-like plant, which is basically only available at certain times of the year, and must be an ancient barbaric catalunyan tradition, as Cece described it would be.


You basically get a bib and a plate of grilled Calcots, which you peel the outside off of and dip them into sauce, then try to put this foot-long plant in your mouth without looking like a barbarian...which is basically impossible.


The calcots were ok, but I couldn't have eaten them as a meal or I probably would have been ill. We got meals to eat after our calcots, and spent a good deal of time just sitting, eating, talking, and laughing before heading out in search of the restaurant where Luis works.


From there, we lost Christi and headed back toward the apartments, checking in on City Hall, where a world-famous DJ was working tonight, but didn't see it being worth 30 Euro...nope, notsomuch.

No comments: