Check It Out!

Monday, April 23, 2007

El dia de Sant Jordi: St. George's Day

OK--so we all know about St. Valentine's Day, but how many of us have heard of St. George's day? Did you know that it's also International Book Day! Interesting, huh? This is basically Catalunya's equivalent to Valentine's Day, and, because of the added meaning of Books and Literature, the gift from women to men is usually a book and from men to women a flower, most commonly a rose.

Luckily, although it is our final week of classes and we are ridiculously bogged down, Bri Bob and I had to head over to Barri Gotic for some supplies and got a chance to see el dia de Sant Jordi in action. It was so warm today that there was one girl selling chocolate who had to hold an umbrella over it! Professor Vidal and Christi bought all of the girls roses...it was really sweet. I felt special-haha. I got the aldana boys each a little something from el Mercat de Sant Antoni. I put it on their beds because they're all at studio.


Just got back from dinner with my friend Anass, no worries-it's totally platonic, people. He's a chef so he made a pretty sweet meal of salad, bread, and mushroom beef and this awesome fruit-thing for dessert. We grabbed a cafe and now I'm headed back to studio to finish up my work. Happy St. Jordi's, and such

No comments: