Check It Out!

Friday, January 5, 2007

Accomodations and Such Take 1

Finding my belongings after Jessie balanced my suitcases in the airport was quite interesting...especially in my 6 foot my 3 foot "room" in the hostel...which was taken up mostly by my bed!

So...my hostel (Barcelona Mar) is the least expensive in all of Barcelona at about 16 Euro for the night. Bob and I each got a bunk in a room with 6 other people, none of whom I actually talked to. I was too nervous and out of my element that first day, not to mention exhausted. I did, however, manage to maintain a conversation with my taxi driver entirely in Spanish. He taught me some things about Catalan and the city. All-in-all an enjoyable ride.


I was an hour before check-in time and my bags didnt fit in the non-room lockers, so i just sat in the locker area for an hour and read a book on Catalunya, then checked in, slept for 3 hours, and headed to Plaza de Catalunya to catch a bus to the airport to meet Bob.
Not too much happened. We walked around the city looking for our apartments and studio, and then we got Tapas and ate outside a restaurant called Els Tres Tombs. We shared potatoes, tuna sandwiches, meatballs, and...get this: baby octopus! They were surprisingly good and we bragged about them until everyone else got fed up and decided they needed to see what we were talking about!

Then we slept so we could get up early to meet Christi at studio to get our aparment keys, and to check out of the hostel.

No comments: