Check It Out!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Here I am: Estoy aqui

It's hard to believe how close I am but how far away I feel.
It's funny how different the US is, even from the air...you can tell you aren't in Europe anymore. Baseball diamonds and rows of houses might be what give it away, or the ever-changing squares of farmland/developments/contained wilderness.
Minutes after getting off the plane, I walked through the gates of the Philadelphia airport where Dad and Jess were waiting. I was good until then...Maybe I thought I was wrong about the fields, and I was back jetsetting through foreign countries.
They brought me back home to reality, at which point I broke down.
So here I am, in the US of A.
With tons of memories, and even more dreams.
This might take some getting used to.
But it has been more than worth it.

No comments: